A 2 Minute Read -
By Chris Bright - posted on September 8, 2020
Podcast Episode 10. From Values to Simple Guiding Principles
Church Values are on most church websites, usually tucked away in a dusty corner of the About Us page, and don't really mean an awful lot. In fact, they tend to be some words we like, but they have very little affect on how we do what we do. However, when used properly, values have the power to be so much more than we think. However, we need to move from static words to actionable phrases - simple guiding principles - to help your church use them in their lives, both in and out of church.
- What are values?
- What’s the problem with values as we’ve always known them
- From Values to Simple Guiding Principles
- SGPs should be Memorable
- SGPs should be Universal
- SGPs should be Measurable
- Using SGPs inside the church organisation
- How to implement SGP within your church (Model it, Teach it, Celebrate it, Repeat it)
- Congregation using SGPs in their everyday lives