A 2 Minute Read -
By Chris Bright - posted on September 29, 2020
Podcast Episode 13. Developing Discipleship Online & In-Person (with Nick Charalambous)
For many churches, discipleship has become a one-off course that you run, but the Great Commission puts it right at the heart of the church's mandate. How do we do that more effectively? Now with the rise of online ministry, how do we effectively disciple people in an online setting?
About Our Guest
Nick Charalambous is on staff at New Spring Church in South Carolina. Nick grew up in North London, but has spent his ministerial life in the U.S.A. where he has had many roles in helping Spiritual Formation both in an online setting and in-person. He was also Newspring's Storytelling pastor, where he gathered stories of transformation throughout the church.
- What does the mechanics of discipleship involve?
- Isn’t Discipleship just a one-off course?
- What does it look like to tie discipleship to a broader strategy?
- What are the ways that we can start to approach discipleship online?
- How do you weave storytelling into your discipleship or small group environment?
- How have stories helped you gauge a picture of how well discipleship is going at your church?
- What does it look like when your discipleship process is going well and when they’re not going well?
- What’s the legacy of COVID-19 for discipleship on the church?
- What things can we do now to help us work at a calmer pace when we re-open church buildings?