Great churches need great vision, but without a solid financial plan to back it up, nothing will happen. When we can orient our financial plan around our vision, we set our church up to be able to achieve all that God has for it. In this episode, Chris & Lee talk all about how to think through your finance strategy, as well as roasting chestnuts and dad jokes. If you'd like to send us your thoughts or discussion on what we're talking about, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Finance must serve vision, not the other way around
2. Setting your Expected Income
- Expected Growth
3. Planning by Percentage, not amount
4. Setting Margin
- Gift Aid
- Ability to remain flexible in uncertain times
- Do you need to spend your margin?
5. Setting floors
6. Setting Ceilings
- Debt repayment
7. Setting an Expansion Budget